CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Week 20 Doctor Visit




















Today's appointment was for our 20 week checkup. This was to be the last of the every 3 week variety. After this appointment we will now go every two weeks. Not at every appointment will we get sonograms done, but there will be more. What are we going to do when we are only carrying one child and only get one or two sonograms throughout the entire pregnancy!?!?

It all started off with me following the wrong pregnant woman! Randi and I rode up with an Indian couple and their newborn. I held the door for them as she was carrying the baby and he was carrying the, um, carrier... =) Randi had gone on to check in. I watched the couple as they walked in and one of the receptionists was dying to hold their newborn. I wasn't really paying attention to a lot except this couple. I did only have a few sips of my coffee at this point, so I'm going to roll with that excuse. I ended up standing next to who I thought was Randi when I heard, "Ricky!". I looked over and there's my Wife who later told me that I had the most peculiar look on my face like "how did you get, I thought you were, never mind". I went to sit down and wait for her to call me back.

Randi finally peeked her head out the door and we went to the other waiting room until we were called. We were brought back to the sonogram room by a new girl. Randi took her position and I waited next to her while the "new girl" played with the computer for about 15 minutes. You could tell that she was a little frazzled and embarrassed as she looked for someone to help her figure out what was going on. Finally she figured it out and there were our girls. Randi had a chai tea to get the girls moving and boy were they ever! The "Sonogramographer", as she called herself at one point, tried to get numerous pictures for the 20 week checkup. She needed to get pictures of their hearts, kidneys, stomachs, bladders, legs, feet, arms and head. This was to ensure that everything was growing proportionately and correctly. Our girls were all over the place. She got everything she needed from Baby A, but Baby B is going to have to come back for another sitting at another time.

After the sonograms we went back out to the waiting room. There was this woman there on her cell phone talking so loud it was obnoxious. She was talking to what sounded like a girlfriend about how her Husband WILL stay the entire time she is in the hospital and he WILL tell people to leave when she wants them to go. She made it very clear that this was mostly directed to this poor guys Mother who she said that he could drop her off on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere for all she cared. MAN! This woman was such a bit#*! Hormones or not! I think she is always like that. Who would want her to reproduce? Anyway, so we got to see Dr. Christine and have question and answer time. The only thing Randi asked about was she is constantly itching and I asked what Randi's limitations would be next week in Disney World. Dr. Christine then informed us that Randi is low on Iron. We got some samples of that and a prescription and we were on our way. Mom, Mom, Jen...

The house has been a constant stir lately. Auburn football has started back which takes us out of town almost every weekend, I have class two nights a week and with all of these doctor appointments we have just been running crazy lately. Randi, Donna and Myself leave for Orlando on Saturday. My Mom, Dad and Scotty will all join us I believe Tuesday evening. We have a fun filled week of Sylvan Learning Conference as well as some park visits, golf, and outlet shopping. I can't wait to see how much stuff the girls get from this trip!

The nursery is coming along thanks to my Mom! She is amazing. We decided to go with a pink and brown theme and she has painted the walls with pink and white stripes. She has completed this in two days. It looks great. Randi and I plan to put some stuff together Friday night as well as go to Lowe's to pick up some switch and plug plates. Everything is just movin along. I can't believe we'll be at 21 weeks on Sunday. Time is going quick! (For me maybe?)

Blog Daddy T.

~It looks as if we're going to have another Christy with the thumb sucking! I think that it's always Baby A that has her thumb in her mouth. Luckily we'll have Uncle Randy to hopefully fix her teeth!

ALSO... The names are out there, you just have to know who to ask. We've got some loose lipped relatives...





0 comments: