CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Week 22


We went to the Doctor today but didn’t have any ultrasounds done. This is the first time that we have been and didn’t get to see them. We knew this going in so it was expected. We might have been able to sneak in there and I could probably run that machine by now, but we weren’t that desperate. We had to see a different Doctor today because ours was on call and she had to go deliver. We did get to see the Doctor that delivered Jen and Phillip’s baby Cate. She was nice, a bit younger and marched to the beat of her own drum but seemed very nice. We got to hear the girl’s heartbeats, 159 bpm and 162 bpm. They were positioned exactly where Randi thought they were, which is kind of neat because it means that she is really feeling them now. She measured Randi’s belly and took some questions. The main one was about Randi’s episode that occurred this morning at 1:00. Randi and I had cheese steaks for dinner last night and apparently the girls were very dissatisfied with them. Randi had some heart burn which led to her getting sick. Needless to say it scared the shi# out of me at 1:00 in the morning. I did go in and “assist” her however. The Doctor said that this wasn’t anything to worry about but if it consisted we should get it checked out. So far so good but my girls had better like cheese steaks! Mom, Jen. My Mom was at our house, so we waited to talk to her in person.

Poor Randi… Tonight was my night to get some things done in the nursery. Our evening began with us going to Lowe’s and me spending a little too much time looking for certain items. We finally got home and I got to work. I started by replacing all of the electrical sockets to white. I only had one more in the nursery to do and one in the bathroom as well as three light switches. This was all a breeze except for a dropped screw here and there. Onto the bigger task. We bought a small chandelier to go in the nursery. This required me to take down the ceiling fan that was in there. I have never installed a ceiling fan before but thought that it would be pretty easy to take one down. I soon found out that when I watched anyone else do a ceiling fan installation, there were two people doing it. I managed to get it down on my own and got the chandelier ready to go up. I asked Randi if she could come up to assist me because I couldn’t hold the light and do what I needed to do while up on a stool. The instructions, as vague as they were, did say that installation time was a mere 25 minutes, 25 minutes in Turner time = 2 and a half hours! After putting it up and taking it down at least three times, my poor pregnant wife’s arms were about to fall off. She was a trooper and tried to make jokes to “lighten” the mood. I snapped a few times here and there but when it was all said and done, it was perfect. The room is awesome so far! My Mom is doing a fantastic job with the paint and it’s near completion. We just can’t wait to experience the last step of bringing the girls home to it. We still have a while until that happens, but we’re not rushing it. We’re enjoying every minute.

Our next Doctor appointment will be the afternoon of Wednesday October 8th. At that appointment we will get to see the girls again as Addison, Addyson, Adison, Adyson, (we’re not sure how we want to spell it) or Aubrey still needs to finish some tests from her last sitting.

Last week we went to Orlando for the annual Sylvan Learning Center conference. Randi, Donna and I went a few days early and hit the parks. Randi did awesome but her feet did swell a little. My Mom, Dad and Scott joined us Tuesday night. Christy and Kevin came in a week later. The girls got spoiled at the outlets by both Grandmothers, and I'm sure Christy. Just a glimpse of what's to come...

Blog Daddy T.

0 comments: