CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mom times TWO

Everyone, I mean everyone tells you what to expect as a new mom, but no one can really prepare you for what it's really like. Your life changes in ways words can never truly express.

The girls, mom and dad are all home and have officially been home a week tomorrow. It's starting to come together. Feedings are often, but take less time than they originally did. Three o'clock feedings are becoming more natural and less of a sleep walking phase. I am amazed that I set the clock for each feeding, but my "mom clock" wakes me up before it ever has a chance to go off. I am still working on the eyes in the back of my head, but they are growing!

I look at my girls and think "Wow, we made these!" How can you not believe in miracles and believe in a higher power? I am so thankful to having such an amazing husband who has taken to being a dad like second nature. They say a woman becomes a mom the days she finds out she is pregnant, but a man becomes a dad the day his child is born, well Ricky has shown what it truly means to become a father!

I am learning to live with less sleep, more food, and amazement at my girls! I do often wake up in the middle of the night, just to listen to them. I also have had to kick my teddy bear out of the bed, as I was attempting to feed it in the middle of the night.

We are so blessed to have our little angles, and as a new mom I just wanted to post my thoughts. Thank you all for love, prayers, and thoughts for our girls. We really appreciate everyones' help.

Twin Mama

1 comments:

Nancy aka Grammie said...

You and Ricky are so blessed. I know that people say that life will return to normal, but it is a totally different kind of normal, a much better normal. I know that you are enjoying being a mom and Ricky dad, but be sure to take time for yourselves and each other. Take care of yourselves as well especially for those sweet baby girls. Enjoy them everyday b/c before you know it they will be sitting up, rolling over, raising their arms for you to pick them up, etc. give them lots of hugs, kisses and especially lots of love. Miss ya'll - hope to see you all again soon!!! Please send pictures as I know you have pictures.

Love,
Nancy Knight