CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Well I couldn't go any longer without making a post. I just got done telling Randi that I would post something tomorrow but, oh well.

Randi is doing incredible. I am so proud of what she did Monday and now she is reoovering so well. The girls are amazing too. We have come to terms about them being in NICU and really appreciate everything that the nurses and doctors have done for our ladies. Addison has a touch of bilirubin (Jaundice) so she has looked like a glow worm the past few times we have been up to see them. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, they stick this green lighted pad behind her to help with this. It looks like one of those heat pads you would stick to your back, but lit up green. Aubrey is amazing. She has lost a few ounces but other than that she is doing well. When Randi and I went up to visit them at 8:00 pm they were both off of their IV's and we got to feed them both bottles. They are getting a new kind of formula now as well so things are looking great!

The moment of the day had to have been Randi changing Addison's diaper. She was wiping her little hiney and she apparently felt comfortable enough to poop. Well her poop isn't solid so it got Randi pretty good. The best part is. I HAVE IT ON VIDEO! Man, this Father thing is great! I'm sure that I'll get my turn with getting something on me. Tick tick tick.

Well Randi and I are relaxing comfortably in our suite waiting for the 11:30 visitation. We have decided to ring in the new year in the best place possible in the rocking chairs next to our baby girls' crib.

Thank you to everyone again for all of your prayers, warm wishes, gifts, and flowers. St. Vincent's is amazing too and we plan to thank their staff in one way or another.

Have I told you how much we love being parents? This is wonderful. Looking into a childs eyes is amazing, but when it's your own, it's a totally different world.

ALL of OUR love...

Ricky, Randi, Addison and Aubrey

PS. I am so sorry for the spelling errors in my last post. I wasn't all there. Thanks to Mr. Ambien, we had a wonderful nights sleep last night.

Happy New Year!!!

1 comments:

Kaela said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful girls! I met Randi at a Sylvan training in Metairie, LA, and have been popping in every once in a while to check on her progress! Send Randi my congratulations, Kaela Jessen