CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder


And if that is the case, my heart is SUPER FOND. Sounds like a superhero Jane Fonda should have played in her glory days. Randi, her mother, Addison and Aubrey have been in Texas for almost two weeks. By the end of their trip, they'll have been gone for a total of 15 days. Now, when I agreed that they should take this trip, I thought of the quietness that would take over the house. The freedoms that I would find in that I could play endless hours of NCAA Football if I wanted. I could go have some beers with the guys and not feel guilty about it. Well I'm done with all of that now. It's time for them to come home. I have had my two nights of meeting up with the guys. I have had my countless hours of Playstation. (It's been Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Don't get me started on that as I have become an addict overnight thanks to my brother.) The quietness is almost depressing now. I'm done with it.



We're getting a lot of work done to our yard, all new windows throughout the house, a play set for the girls and AT&T U-Verse installed. I thought that all of this could be purchased, installed, and accomplished while they were all out of town. What better timing right? Not so much. The yard has been at a standstill since last Thursday and the windows as well as the play set have yet to be delivered. Things don't always work out like you plan, but isn't that the norm? AT&T did come out and did successfully install our new U-Verse system but I've got to learn to be more patient with things like these. Projects are just that, they're projects. If they could be done in a day, they'd have a commercial for it boasting about replacing your entire house in a day. (That Re-Bath commercial still intrigues me.) I've got to leave it to the Man upstairs and let him do it on His time.


Since the girls have been gone, Randi has done a really good job of sending me pictures and telling me of the new habits that have formed. One of those is that Addison has begun telling Randi "no" while motioning with her hand. Nice! Miss Aubrey has learned how to stand up in her high chair but hasn't been able to get very far thankfully! Both girls have had a hard time sleeping while in hotels. For a few days though, they were all able to stay with Bill and Chris Dutcher in Del Rio. They slept much better in a house probably because they were more able to be scheduled. Now they're all back in a hotel in Del Rio making their final leg of the trip. I pick them up from the airport Friday night and I cannot wait to see them all.





I have missed the things that sometimes become routine in life. Routine, normalcy, and my three favorite people are thankfully returning in 3 days.

Much Love To All.
Blog Daddy T and Three

Picture One was taken in Del Rio and it is of Bill and Chris Dutcher's Granddaughters Autumn and Savannah holding the girls.

Picture Two and Three is of Aubrey and Addison, respectively, heading to church in Del Rio.

Picture Four is Aubrey taking in the sights and sounds of the San Antoio Riverwalk. In the back is Randi's bestfriend Brandi's baby girl

Picture Five is Aubrey showing off her mad skills.

Picture Six is Addison falling asleep in her pasta.

Picture Seven (Addison) and Eight (Aubrey) are of the girls saying hello to me on their ride to Del Rio.

1 comments:

Shellie said...

The babies are too much! I can't imagine how you made it with them gone for 2 weeks! I know you're glad to have all 3 of them back!