CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tres Madres


July 23, 2008

We were able to bring both of our Mothers with us today to our appointment. They both seemed very excited to see their Grand babies for the first time. We were a few minutes behind this morning so I dropped Randi off on the bottom floor of the parking garage. Our Moms followed me up and through every level! There wasn't parking anywhere. This was a new one on me. We finally found some spots and went in.

After we all waited in both waiting rooms we were finally in the ultrasound room. Randi was on the examining table and we all stood to her left staring at the monitor. The technician smeared the gel on Randi's belly and couldn't get the ultrasound thing pressed against her stomach fast enough! Finally, one of the baby's silhouettes showed on the screen. All three of the Mothers in the room had smiles on their faces. I was pretty darn proud to be in the room right then. Not that I hadn't been proud before but to see the look on our Moms' faces. The Technician showed both babies one at a time. They are looking more and more like newborns. Baby A looks to have my nose, and as Christy says, maybe my belly too! We weren't able to tell sexes yet and I was a little bummed with that. I thought that it would be really neat to be able to tell with both of our Moms in the room. That's alright though, soon enough.

After the ultrasound Randi and I went into the examining room and spoke to another Doctor. We have been told that it is a good idea to see all of the Doctors in the practice at least once. The reason being is because there is no guarantee that Dr. Christine will deliver the twins. We could end up having another one of the numerous Doctors in the practice. I can't remember this Doctor's name, but I liked him. He came into the examining room and introduced himself to Randi and then said "this must be your no good Husband", he had me pegged! =) He began to look over paperwork and told us that the twins look good. They are growing at the expected rate which could be a concern if they weren't. One baby could dominate in the womb and steal nutrients from the other causing one larger baby and one smaller baby. Currently, this is not the case. The rib question came up again and I liked this Doctors answer. "You're going to be feeling a lot of pain in the upcoming weeks." He just came out and said it. No buttering it up, just how it is. He was that kind of Doctor, honest, direct, and blunt. I didn't like that Randi was going to be in "a lot of pain", just his direct answer. He also went over with us how the babies’ life expectancy grew with each week. I know, you're probably thinking "DUH", but he broke it down for us by week. Say week 28, they would have a 50% chance, week 29 an 80% chance, week 30 a 90% chance, so on and so on. These may not be the exact numbers but it was interesting none the less. He said that Randi will probably carry to week 37. Dr. Christine has said week 38, but each Doctor is different. This Doctor told us to make our appointment for four weeks from today.

We will go back on August 20th. While we were checking out, the receptionist asked if we wanted to know the sexes the next time we came. So I'm thinking that at our next appointment, we will find out what we are going to have! Randi and I already have our bets in. Do you?

1 comments:

Christy Turner said...

Hi, I have one of these silly things now too, thanks! How much longer 'til BABIEESS?!?!?