CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Testing... Testing...



The alarm clock went off at 6:15 this morning. We had an appointment at 8:00. Randi had a burning sensation going on in her belly. After a bit of traffic we finally got to the hospital. I pulled up to get my ticket to the garage and pulled through. As soon as we get in this lady in her bug wanted to wait for a truck to pull out of a spot. Randi wasn't having it. I told her that she could go ahead and get out and go up while I parked. She didn't hesitate. Her comfort level has completely changed this week. I finally found a spot and went in. Took my seat in the waiting room and found a Power Boat magazine that I've read three times already. Dr. Christine's nurse came through the door and called me back. She walked me right to the examining room that Randi was in. Randi was up on the table and had tears in her eyes from the discomfort. Dr. Christine eventually came in and asked Randi how she was feeling. Randi explained her discomfort and Dr. Christine couldn't pin point what may have been causing it. She sent Randi back to have some blood drawn and then we were headed up to have our non stress test.

Randi and I stopped at Starbucks on our way to Labor and Delivery. She wanted to get a little something in her stomach as she was "fasting" for the blood work. Once upstairs we finally found our room and got settled in. Randi put on the gown and got comfortable. The nurse came in and strapped the monitors to Randi's belly. Our girls were pretty active. Their heartbeats were registering well and Randi seemed to be registering a few contractions. Randi's discomfort continued throughout the testing. Dr. Christine surprised us by coming through the door of our room. Right then, I think we both got worried. Dr. Christine examined Randi and concluded that she was not dialated and her cervix was still closed. She had the nurse give Randi a shot that would ease the contractions if in fact that's what she was having. As I sat over in the chair, I felt helpless. The nurse warned Randi that the shot would make her jittery and it sure did! Randi got up and went to the restroom right after receiving it and when she returned she was already shivering. We stayed for about another hour and a half while all of my girls were monitored. Randi did eventually roll over onto her side and the discomfort seemed to ease a bit. The nurse came back in and told us that we were clear to go. I was beginning to think that we were going to be spending the night. We were told to pick up some Prilosec because the "contractions" may have just been acid reflux.

So we're home. Randi is in the bed and her Mom is stopping by the store to get her some Prilosec. My Mom is on her way after lunch to help us out as well.

Until Monday. We have an Ultrasound scheduled to check the growth of the girls. We're hoping for well over 3 lbs each. We'll see! Until then...

Blog Daddy T.

0 comments: